The Retirement Corporation of America

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Whom can I talk to about my tax situation for the year that I retire?

A: The unique team structure at RCA lets us thoroughly address your tax planning needs.

Each client has a Family Management Team that provides service, planning and advice. This Family Management Team will help answer tax questions for the year of retirement.

In retirement, the draw from a retirement plan is no longer subject to certain taxes. Social security payments may begin and can have an affect. Some individuals wish to have a part-time job and wonder how that will change things. There are regulations that apply to withdrawals before age 59 1/2 and after age 70 1/2.

All of these scenarios can require the help of an expert to make sure that the tax planning is done correctly. The RCA team will work very closely with the client and their CPA to create a comprehensive tax plan.

Also, if a family needs help with tax preparation, RCA provides this service as well. RCA has an established relationship with an independent accounting firm. That firm has located one of their CPA's in our office. For our Prime Clients, RCA supplements the cost of tax preparation, allowing our qualifed clients to receive professional tax preparation at a significantly reduced cost.

RCA has extensive tax consulting resources available for clients who are planning on retiring or already retired. These services are a critical element in a family's overall financial plan.

How can I measure portfolio performance?

What is Comfort Stock?

What is Asset Allocation?

What is an "industry benchmark"?

What do the credentials "CFP" mean?

What is the difference between a value stock and a growth stock?

Can I protect a large concentrated position in one stock against severe drops in price?

How do I know if I have enough money to retire?

Whom can I talk to about my tax situation for the year that I retire?